Hello, lovelies! This week’s theme for Discover & Explore is “community helpers,” and since National Fire Prevention Day is coming up on October 9th, I thought it might be fun to focus on firefighters today. Halloween is just around the corner, so if you have a budding hero on your hands, we’ve got you covered with some DIY firefighter costume ideas for Halloween or pretend play. Bloggers, be sure to link up new and old posts about pumpkins at the end of this post!
*Click on the text links or photos for complete tutorials*
DIY Fireman Air Tank (Crayon Box Chronicles)
This DIY Fireman Air Tank from Crayon Box Chronicles is such a cool accessory for any hometown hero- I love how she used upcycled materials! Stop by after you are done here for complete instructions.
DIY Firetruck Costume (Plain Vanilla Mom)
A firefighter may have all the right gear, but he can’t get anywhere without his firetruck! Not to worry, Jen over at Plain Vanilla Mom created this adorable DIY Firetruck Costume for her little one and is sharing the tutorial on her blog- hop over to see how she did it!
DIY Quilted Firefighter Hat (Twodaloo)
Finally, no little firefighter’s costume is complete without a bright red hat. I created this “quilted version” for my little stinkers…click HERE for the full tutorial!
And now, it’s your turn. We’d love for you to share how you Discover and Explore: Community Helpers
Please read the following guidelines for sharing:
- Share family-friendly posts related to the weekly topic — kids activities, book activities, crafts, recipes, nature outings, free printables–anything that might be helpful to those wanting to put together activities based on this week’s theme
- By linking up, you are giving me permission to share your post including one photo in our weekly feature post and on social media channels. I WILL BE SHARING YOUR POSTS ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, AND G+, so be sure you are following me so you don’t miss out!
- Visit 2-3 other posts that have linked up, find some new ideas & meet new friends!
- If you are linking up, please be sure to link back with the Discover and Explore button or a text link to help us get the word out and built our collection of resources to share with you!
The linky will remain open for a week. Then all co-hosts will feature activities in a separate post on Fridays and share featured posts on the Discover and Explore Pinterest Board. If you aren’t already, please remember to follow us so you’re sure not to miss those feature posts. And don’t forget to stop by and visit my lovely co-hosts to see what they are sharing for this week’s theme!
Upcoming Discover and Explore Themes
- October 9–Halloween
- October 16–Dinosaur & Fossil Fun
- October 23–Creating with Natural Materials
- October 30–Science Experiments