Hello friends! This week’s Discover & Explore theme is “Creating with Natural Materials.” I love using natural items to create anything from art to musical instruments, so I have compiled five of our favorite projects using natural items to share today. Bloggers, please add your own links relating to the topic of creating with natural materials to the linky at the end of the post!
5 Fun Things to Make With Natural Materials
1. Painted Nature Collage- This was a fun project that we did last spring as part of a toddler art series. The post contains an awesome roundup of art with natural materials ideas from around the web!
2. Painted Stick Instruments- Based on the Egyptian Sistrum, these instruments are both functional and beautiful.
3. Dyed Nature Necklaces- These necklaces are a great way to use up leftover Easter egg dye and also an excellent fine motor exercise for little ones!
4. Coconut Shell Instruments- Here is another fun instrument to make, this time with coconut shells!
5. Dyed Seashell Collage- A beachy version of the painted nature collage, this makes a perfect gift for a special someone and is another great project for toddlers!
And now, it’s your turn. We’d love for you to share how you Discover and Explore: Creating With Natural Materials
Please read the following guidelines for sharing:
- Share family-friendly posts related to the weekly topic — kids activities, book activities, crafts, recipes, nature outings, free printables–anything that might be helpful to those wanting to put together activities based on this week’s theme
- By linking up, you are giving me permission to share your post including one photo in our weekly feature post and on social media channels.
- Visit 2-3 other posts that have linked up, find some new ideas & meet new friends!
- If you are linking up, please be sure to link back with the Discover and Explore button or a text link to help us get the word out and built our collection of resources to share with you!
The linky will remain open for a week. Then all co-hosts will feature activities in a separate post on Fridays and share featured posts on the Discover and Explore Pinterest Board. If you aren’t already, please remember to follow us so you’re sure not to miss those feature posts. And don’t forget to stop by and visit my lovely co-hosts to see what they are sharing for this week’s theme!
Upcoming Discover & Explore Themes:
- 10/30 Science Experiments for Kids
- 11/6 Thanksgiving
- 11/13 Cooking with Kids
- 11/20 Life Skills